There are a number of resources available for managers and supervisors to enhance their skills and knowledge and to learn more about management:
- KEYS, the Keys to Enhancing Your Supervisory Success is a supervisor training program.
- The UC Management Development Program (MDP) strengthens leadership capabilities in four UC Core Competencies: People Management, Employee Engagement, and Influence & Change Management.
- Manager Excellence Resource Center (MERC) (PDF) provides ready-to-use guides, tools, templates, and e-learning courses to help managers and supervisors transition into new roles and manage team performance.
- Management Competencies provide an outline of the knowledge and skills needed to manage and supervise employees at UC Berkeley.
- Supervisor Knowledge Assessment provides a multiple choice and situation-based quiz to help you gauge your knowledge in key areas of supervision.
- Talent Management provides guidelines for identifying, developing, and retaining talented staff.
- During fiscal year 2016, Central Human Resources, in cooperation with UC Berkeley Extension, is providing free tuition for eligible employees for one course per fiscal year. Visit our Sponsored Tuition section to read more.
- UC People Management Certificate is for anyone who manages or supervises others and consists of core and elective online and in-person courses covering a wide range of people management topics.