What is this?
Berkeley People Management: Executive Coaching is a cohort-based leadership development experience for eligible managers, made possible through Berkeley People & Culture's relationship with Korn Ferry (a global leader in leadership development) and BetterUp (a global leader in developmental coaching). This experiential learning program is designed to foster your growth as a people manager through real-time feedback, accountability, and support. Upon the completion of this program, you will have increased your skills and prepared yourself for future career advancement and success.
If selected for the program, you will:
- Join a cohort of other campus managers for a custom session of "Growing as a Coach", a one-day leadership development program offered by the People & Organization Development team
- Participate in a leadership 360 assessment experience with our partners at Korn Ferry and our certified coaches within the People & Organization Development team
- Select and meet (virtually) with a personal executive coach from our partners at BetterUp for six (6) months
- Develop your campus network by joining a community of other people managers at Berkeley for this intense, developmental experience
- Gain increased skills and further prepare yourself for future career advancement and success
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible to participate, you must:
- Currently be supervising or managing at least one full time employee at UC Berkeley
- Complete Berkeley People Management Part 1: Grow Today prior to applying
- Agree to complete Growing as a Coach with your cohort in Fall, 2020
- Agree to participate in 3 and 6 month check-ins, as well as pre- and post-program surveys
- Agree to participate in and complete the leadership 360 assessment experience by December 31, 2020
- Agree to participate in 6 months of Executive Coaching, beginning January 1, 2021
- Complete this application by September 1, 2020
Is there a fee for this program?
While the majority of the program costs are covered by Berkeley People & Culture, to participate you must secure $1,000 sponsorship from your department paid to Berkeley People & Culture by chartstring transfer.
A note of transparency around pricing: The $1,000 sponsorship helps offset the cost of the coaching program and 360 assessment instrument. Berkeley People & Culture is covering ~85% of the total program cost.