What is this program?
Transition Services is an award winning program provided by Central Human Resources to assist staff who are being impacted by fiscal and operational re-structuring to find continued employment within the Berkeley campus and beyond. We recognize that an unexpected layoff is difficult, and offer services to assist employees through their career transition.
Our Transition Services consultants offer career coaching, resume development, interview preparation and job search strategies. In particular, these services are tailored to assist the employee transitioning into a new job either within the university or in the broader community. In addition, resources are available through workshops, online information and campus Staff Development offerings. Services include:
- CAL-Talent: A resource for accessing information about UC Berkeley Staff Alumni who are considering jobs with the university system.
- First Steps: Assessing and articulating Transferable Skills through career counseling, assessment tools and workshops.
- Resume and Cover Letter Development: We recommend the following presented formats for developing your job search materials based on current workplace best practices.
- Job Search: Develop a proactive plan, and prepare for interviews.
- Workshops: Resume Development, Interviewing, Networking and Strategic Job Search, Communications. This series of Transition Services workshops has been developed for the active job seeker.
Eligibility for Services
We offer services to employees at all professional levels whose jobs have been impacted by reduction-in-force or organizational re-structuring. This can include career or long-term contract employees, medical separations or other special circumstances.
If you have questions regarding our services, please feel free to contact us at the number below.
Central Human Resources
University of California, Berkeley
2199 Addison St., Room 192 (University Hall)
Berkeley, CA 94720-3540