You can retire and receive UC benefits anytime after you become eligible - that is, when you have at least five years of UC Retirement Plan service credit and reach age 50 or 55, depending on which tier of the pension plan you're in.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE: Preparing for Retirement
- Retirement Handbook (1976 Tier and 2013 Tier)
- Request for Retirement Initiation Packet
- My UC Retirement (403(b), 457(b) and/or DC Plan accounts)
- Fidelity Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant, Phone: (800) 558-9182, Monday-Friday, 5:00am-6:00pm, PT.
- Termination of Employment Benefits Factsheet
- Berkeley Social Security Office
- Phone: (877) 531-4696, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm, PT.
- Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC), Phone: (800) 888-8267, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, PT.
Estimating Retirement Income:
When you login to your account on the At Your Service Online website, you can view your retirement income and lump sum cashout projections, if applicable, beginning at the earliest age you are eligible to retire.