Our Workplace Culture
As employees of Berkeley, we are part of an institution that uncovers new knowledge, conducts groundbreaking research and shifts the global conversation every single day.
We all do different things. (Very different things.)
But together, we are serving a university that's unlike any other. No matter our role, we help Berkeley redefine what's possible.
We do this by being inclusive - of ideas, of people, of points of view.
By being accountable - to each other, to our teams, to our commitments.
By simplifying whenever possible. (It's often how the best solutions arise.) By taking risks. (And learning from them.) And by serving Berkeley, and everyone who is a part of it, with respect.
Individually, we are experts at what we do. Collectively, our impact is even greater.
As employees of Berkeley, when we reimagine the possibilities of our own world, we shape the one around us.
Reimagine your world at Berkeley.
At UC Berkeley—the nation’s leading public research and teaching institution—innovation isn’t limited to the classroom. Whether you are an administrative professional, research scientist, coach, or custodian, all of our exceptionally talented staff are given the freedom and encouragement to excel.
- View Job Openings
- Learn How to Apply for Jobs at UC Berkeley
- Job Search Tips
- Job Seekers Toolkit (see For Job Seekers section below)
- Featured Jobs
- Disability Resources
- Compliance Information
- Information on Background Checks
The University of California, Berkeley is committed to diversity in its staff, faculty, and student body, and invites all qualified people to apply, including minorities and women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
To apply for a job at UC Berkeley, go to the UC Berkeley Jobs website.
The campus uses a system called the Human Capital Management (HCM) Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM), which allows applicants to view job listings, create profiles and apply for jobs. For a tutorial and other tips on how to apply for a job at UC Berkeley, please visit our Applicant Resources pages.
For Job Seekers
UC Berkeley is a great place to work. The following links will help you get a better idea of what it is like to be an employee here:
- About the University of California
- About the Berkeley Campus
- Campus and Community Connection
Perks & Amenities
- Campus Life: Calendar of Events
- Connecting with Others: Staff Organizations
- Connecting with the Community: Office of Community Relations
- Discounts for staff members: Tickets, memberships, and more
- Exercise Opportunities: Health*Matters, Recreational Sports and Athletics
- Food for Lunch: Dining on Campus
- Food for the Soul: Libraries, Museums, Performances, Writers at Work and Lunch Poems
- Getting Around: Transportation and Safety
- Getting Work Done: Computing Resources
- Health & Welfare: University Benefits
- Moving on up: Career Development Resources
- Read all about it: Communications & Information
- Someone to Talk to: Staff Ombuds Office
- Taking Care: University Health Services
- World Relations: International House