The Compensation Unit in People & Culture oversees the pay programs for all staff employees covered by Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) and the various collective bargaining units. To learn more about salary placement guidelines, auxiliary pay, and salary increase programs, please select either Represented (covered by a collective bargaining unit) or Non-Represented (PPSM) below.
For information regarding pay schedules and pay dates, please visit the Central Payroll website
Title Codes (also referred to as Job Codes) are the 6-digit numbers assigned to each unique Job Title. Pre-UCPath 4-digit numbers followed by a “U” (Uncovered by a Union) or “C” (Covered by a Union) were used on our campus. Post-UCPath all title codes are 6-digit numbers, typically beginning with “00”. For example, Title Code “006205” is Research Admin 2. Another example, Title Code “007398” is Project Policy Anl 3.
The Title Code System Web Inquiry tool (TCS) allows supervisors, managers, and staff to look up classification information about any title code in the UC system. You can filter information by campus, bargaining unit, personnel program, and other criteria. TCS is maintained by the UC Office of the President (UCOP).
How do current employees find their current position salary range?
1. Login to UCPath in a web browser.
2. In the upper left window of the home page, copy the Primary Title listed under your name.
3. Go to TCS Inquiry (https://tcs.ucop.edu/tcs/jsp/homePage.htm) in a web browser.
4. Select the employee category (for Staff click on Non-Academic Titles).
5. Enter the Primary Title (from UCPath) in the Title Name field.
6. Select other filters that apply. (e.g. Business Unit = BKCMP – Berkeley)
7. Click the Search button.
8. Select the Title six-digit number for the row with the Primary Title listed for your Campus/Business Unit location title abbreviation.
9. View salary range information on the Title Details page.
- If “no base rates by agreement” is listed under “Detail Information”, please contact your HR Business Partner to request salary range information for your position.