What You Can Do Today
- Print a poster from this website and post it in your workspace.
- Appreciate someone through our Appreciate page, thank them publicly, or do a go-around (appreciating the person to your left) at your next staff meeting.
- Suggest a staff meeting opening in which each person shares the principle that is most meaningful to him or her and why.
- Toolkit for Managers and Leaders
- Send a Thank You Card
- Download a poster
- Watch a video
- Read our Recipients Page
- Read articles
We focus on service
We are accountable to each other
- Watch the "We simplify" video and share it with your team.
- Learn more about how to make organizations Simply Effective from Haas Business School Executive in Residence, Ron Ashkenas.
- Contact Delia Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-642-5981) at Staff Learning and Development for help in mapping and simplifying your department’s processes.
We imagine and innovate
We include and excel, together
For the next five months we’ll focus on one principle each month, giving us a chance to think through what each principle means in our own work, and highlighting people and teams who already exemplify that principle. In April, you can:
- Watch the “We include and excel, together” video and share it with your team.
- Check out our Recipients page to learn about Ruben Mejia, Facilities Manager for the College of Letters & Science.
- Read a Case Study about how the organizers of the recent NOW career conference modeled the principle, "We include and excel, together."
- Sign up for a Multicultural Education Program workshop to find out how you can be an ally for equity, inclusion and diversity.
- Check out the Staff Ombuds Office trainings to help build respect, civility and collaboration in the workplace.
- Include different perspectives at your next meeting by encouraging those who haven’t spoke up to share their thoughts.
- Read an article about blasting siloes in higher education on our Articles page.