Some goals of the performance review process are to help the employee:
- Feel positive about the job
- Feel appreciated for specific contributions
- Benefit by specific, constructive feedback
- Keep informed about current and future performance objectives
- Keep motivated to do well and to develop
- Stay involved as a participant in the process
A key goal for you and the employee is to recognize the degree to which an employee was successful, or how well the employee met expectations, be they objectives, standards, performance dimensions or some other measure.