The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires non-exempt employees to be paid for overtime worked. Within the FLSA there is provision for employers to offer employees the option of electing to receive Compensatory Time Off (CTO) for overtime hours worked rather than to receive pay. An employee's election to receive CTO must be in writing. The staff personnel programs outline specific procedures for handling overtime compensation and CTO.
Employee CTO Election forms can be found below. Please feel free to contact Labor Relations if you have questions about the use of CTO and CTO forms.
- Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) (Word)
- Health Care Professional Unit (HX) (Word)
- Patient Care Technical Unit (EX) (Word)
- Police Officers Unit (PA) (Word)
- Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) (Word)
- Registered Nurses Unit (NX) (Word)
- Research Support Professional Unit (RX) (Word)
- Service Unit (SX) (Word)
- Skilled Crafts Unit (KB) (Word) and Skilled Crafts Unit (KB) - Intercollegiate Athletics or Recreational Sports (Word)
- Technical Unit (TX) (Word)