HCM Hours of availability:
Employee Self Service & Candidate Gateway: 24/7
Other Components: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
HCM is made up of several interrelated components:
- Workforce Administration (WFA): the personnel action component. WFA is the system of record of UC Berkeley employees and affiliates recording their personnel actions and updates. It stores information about the person, their relationship(S) to the campus, and their job(s). WFA keeps a history of the entire employee lifecycle from hire to separation.
- Position Managment: module used to create and manage positions. Positions are jobs within an organizational structure-independent of any particular person. Position records bring together information about job, department, and funding allowing better integration of HR and Budget data for planning and analysis.
- Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM): the recruiting component. TAM allows departments to review applicants, and log the status of their recruitments. TAM serves as the system of record for staff recruitments.
- Case Tracking: allows departments a means to track tenure, faculty events, and histories.
- Candidate Gateway: provides a portal for external applicants to browse and apply for staff job openings.
- Employee Self Service: allows Berkeley Faculty and STaff to update their contact information, emergency contacts or request/change Direct Deposit, and apply for staff job openings.