Be Well at Work – Wellness Program, the worksite wellness program for faculty and staff coordinated by University Health Services, strives to create a healthy campus community and work environment through integrated programs and services designed to:
- Provide faculty and staff with tools and skills for leading healthy lifestyles, preventing injury and illness and contributing to higher performance, morale and job satisfaction.
- Build a healthy workplace that supports healthy lifestyles by making the healthy choice the easy choice.
The Wellness Program offers a variety of programs, services, and events:
- Workshops (and webinars) – healthy lifestyle, nutrition, cooking skills, diabetes prevention, and fitness
- Know Your Numbers Health Screening
- Berkeley Walks - Walking Group, pedometers at cost, online and paper tracking tools, walking events
- UC Berkeley Wellness Ambassador Program, faculty or staff volunteers help create a culture of health within the department or work unit by promoting engagement in wellness programs, services and events.
- Nutrition Services – Ask the Dietitian, Cook Well Berkeley
- Wellness/injury prevention program for departments with high injury risks.
- Breastfeeding Support Program
- Healthy culture and environmental initiatives
- BPM Training: Creating a Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- Wellness Workshops for Departments (15-30-minutes)
The Wellness Program is a collaborative partnership model including campus partners Environment, Health & Safety, Human Resources, Physical Education, Recreational Sports and Be Well at Work – Disability Management, Employee Assistance, Ergonomics, Occupational Health and Work/Life.
How to Support Health in the Workplace
- Post and distribute Wellness Program flyers and mention upcoming programs and workshops in your staff meetings.
- Support staff in participating in programs, trainings and events.
- Identify a Wellness Ambassador for your work unit or department.
- Follow the UCB Healthy Meeting & Event Guide to ensure availability of healthy choices at all unit and department meetings, events, potlucks and celebrations.
- Support flexible work arrangements for health activities (e.g. attending classes or walking programs at noontime, later arrival or early departure to exercise).
- Organize a wellness workshop for your unit or participate in the healthy lifestyle programs as a team.
- Promote the Wellness Program as one of the many University benefits.
- Also see Supporting Wellness at Work for Managers and Supervisors