Berkeley Career Opportunities and Resources for Equity (BCORE) program
The Berkeley Career Opportunities and Resources for Equity program (BCORE) is an experience for staff employees committed to their upward career advancement and a leadership workshop for supervisors who are in a position to exercise their sphere of influence to diversify the leadership ranks at the university. This opportunity has been developed specifically for Berkeley staff by expert, Dr. Regina Stanback Stroud.
Complete Clifton the Strengths Finder for a greater understanding of skills and talents.
Articulate your purpose and set career goals to lean into that purpose.
Develop a resume that tells a compelling story and makes the case for one’s excellence.
Examine strategies for performing a successful interview that conveys one’s talents and assets.
Connect with a leader or colleague in the unit of career aspiration.
Create a personal advisory board.
Have a greater understanding of the practices and policies that systematically and effectively prevent the attainment of a diverse workforce.
Program Audience & Eligibility
The program is open to all staff employees. The ideal audience for this program is staff employees (ranging within title codes: S1, M1, P3, P4, P5) who have been employed at UC Berkeley for at least one year, seeking to advance in their career trajectory. To participate in BCORE, the following criteria must be met:
A commitment to attend all sessions
Submit a complete application
- Carefully review the preview of the BCORE 2024 Syllabus for clarity on program guidelines and expectations.
- Carefully review, complete, and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BCORE Application 2024” in the subject line.
- 03/01/24 - Applications Due
- 03/04/24 - Applicants receive confirmation of their application status
- 03/18/24 - Waitlisted applicants receive confirmation of their application status
- 04/03 - 06/06/24 - BCORE Program
Note: If you have questions about the program or need additional information, contact Katrina Pantig Naval at email@example.com